Author Topic: If I had the coin....  (Read 9768 times)

Offline MontyBitza

Re: If I had the coin....
« Reply #30 on: September 14, 2012, 12:23:36 PM »
A poxy old IT 400??? Evil handling, monster engine .. hello a similar year husky eats them. Stable smooth and they come with an inbuilt gyro. The most memorable thing about an IT is they way they turf you over the bars if you hit 3 whoopdies in a row...guaranteed..i dont like them. The coin would go to a 82 125 husky with the 175 kit. Ideal.

Mmmmmmm, you might be right 8).

But for looks alone.....this is where my coin would go ;D.

(although I might take a link or two out of the chain ::) :P)

Offline MontyBitza

« Reply #31 on: September 14, 2012, 12:27:52 PM »

I propose a new rule for this thread. Whoever wins the lottery first has to buy us all our dream bikes 

Done Deal!! If that's the price of winning I'll buy you two and take you on a trip to the Philippines so you can show me the neat trails ;) ;D

Offline Brooksie

« Reply #33 on: September 30, 2012, 10:46:26 AM »
Nice Huskies there Les for sure. The second one WR125 is a bit rough for the money and has a few wrong parts like the tank, and missing headlight, guards etc. Most of this is still available new to put it back to original. That XC is a sweet little ride.

Offline cholmes

« Reply #34 on: November 22, 2012, 02:10:41 PM »
In our travels we all find bikes that we WISH we could buy..... IF WE HAD THE COIN to do so.

This thread is all about that, for members to post up their finds - bikes must be Vinduro or VMX related of course!

I'm going first with this beautiful 1982 Can Am Qualifier 4.

I had the opportunity to ride one of these in the late 70's.. And it was a beast.. It had one of the biggest hits when it came on the pipe I have ever felt...

Offline BruceD_500

« Reply #35 on: December 19, 2012, 02:40:03 PM »
If I had a pic, I would probably have the bike...so without an impromptu search, load and post...

If I had the coin, a '73 RT 450 Ducati Scrambler would be arriving any day now.

All I got is a 250 I milled around at Castella...

Cheers,
Chris.

That bike is sweet I wish I had more detailed photos of that one . Here's mine . I'm pretty sure I've sent you photos of this one back in 2009 Jock

Offline dont

« Reply #36 on: November 26, 2014, 12:40:51 AM »
This would look nice next to my '86 Elefant

If I could get the link to work :(

Offline junglebiker

« Reply #37 on: August 28, 2018, 11:06:49 PM »
I'd try to get back my '76 YZ400C.  I don't have any pictures of it, (cameras still used film back then and I never had the foresight to buy any), but it looked kind of like this one.

Was it perfect?  Of course not.  But I bought it as a worn-out, rusty, chewed-up and semi-abandoned piece of junk then completely rebuilt it.  I wish I'd never sold it.  If you reading this are in Upper East Tennessee and have a '76 YZ400C, PM me.
----US market 1985 Honda XR600R (HRC 628 piston, 650L primary gears, Aussie market NX650 cylinder, ported 650L head and cam, 650L swingarm/rear wheel, 650L brakes, 650L front wheel, XL600R kickstart lever, 200W Ricky Stator stator.)

----Loads of of old junk.

----"May not look like much, but she's got it where it counts."  --Han Solo