Author Topic: Yamaha IT400F 1979  (Read 797 times)

Offline PetePutter

• Rang Dang Dang Shart
Yamaha IT400F 1979
« on: July 26, 2015, 03:16:43 PM »
Regrettably a project bike I bought with the intention of restoring needs to find a new home. I have too many commitments to give it the thorough rebuild it deserves. It has been sitting in my shed disassembled but I must pass on it. Have two others that are first in the queue, a Vtwin bobber is my next dream build and so I must move on.
It was not a runner when I bought it and I took it apart in order to powder coat the frame , but have not done anything other than degrease all the parts. Good points are a very good condition tank and seat, plastic number plates, airbox and toolbag.. Frame has sidestand tab missing that previous owner attempted to braze on, but is otherwise fairly good and not rusted out. I have a brand new NOS unused rear shock assembly in the box plus original one. Wheels and rims are good but need polish and paint.
Missing items are front and rear fenders, speedo/trip unit, kickstart and gear lever.
The engine is potentially an unknown as I have not turned it over but as I bought it without gear or kick lever there appears to be a issue with the  gearbox. Piston turns over so it is not seized, but I suspect the previous owner split and rebuilt the gearbox and assembled it incorrectly and gave up and sold. Engine cases look good, clutch assembly is good so job is not for a novice, but doable.  Shocked
For sale complete lot, not prepared to sell individual parts. Have also Clymer Manual and Yamaha Parts List book. Contact at pandsgaisford@hotmail.com. Adelaide location. Price A$1100-

[/URL]
Baby Jesus. Bless this IT and make it better, or faster, or both!

Offline PetePutter

• Rang Dang Dang Shart
Re: Yamaha IT400F 1979
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2015, 03:20:52 PM »
Baby Jesus. Bless this IT and make it better, or faster, or both!